Wednesday, January 27, 2010

POT WORK

Why plant when the pots
look this good?
.
Choose wisely & never plant, water, fertilize pots again.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken during an Italian study tour of gardens, yes, a warm sunny summer afternoon.
.
Note from PUPPET BARBUDA: Sustainability of annuals? Not. Wholesale greenhouses with heaters, swamp coolers, irrigation, manual labor, trucking of soil, containers, fertilizers, & more. Then, trucking of annuals to retail sites, more labor, watering, losses, then driven home to final user, more watering, potting soil, fertilizer, labor. Hmm.

4 comments:

La Petite Gallery said...

Great Advise,


Thanks for info.

yvonne

Southern Aspirations said...

I SO agree. Just for the ones I have bring indoors (like my meyer lemon, which I'm in love with).

home before dark said...

So agree about pots and no to petunias. I plant in pots things I can set out in the garden at the end of the season. It's my twofer.

Queenplinker said...

I love this post!
I bought a pot last year that is one of my all time favorite things. I never did get anything planted in it...couldn't find a plant that was good enough for my baby :0)
Always lovely posts.

Have a good evening,
Lynea