Thursday, January 7, 2010

THRIFTING GARDEN CANDLES

Lanterns, below, are my newest fetish since visiting Susanne Hudson's garden.Several Smith/Hawken going-out-of-business sale lanterns are awaiting styling in my garden. Candles? Sale candles of course. Thrift store, above, too. For pennies on the dollar I have no shame in unmatched candles. Prices above? Further reduced, 75% off.
.
Sure the open garden or garden pic you'll see matched candles. Perhaps melted unmatched wax & an empty wine bottle with a dropped linen napkin.
.
A perfect garden isn't my goal. I want a fabulous garden to feed my soul, delight my eye & challenge my intellect.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara



8 comments:

Devon said...

Perhaps it's semantics, but I totally agree with you. Perfect is BORING; fabulous is fantastic.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Can you put regular candles in the garden? I always figured they'd melt in the heat and you'd need to use the ones designed for outside. Or is that a gimmick to get us to buy the ones that say for outside?
Brenda

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Love it! Who needs perfect?! I want soul wrapping too!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

***A perfect garden isn't my goal. I want a fabulous garden to feed my soul, delight my eye & challenge my intellect.***

What a fantastic thought.

FlowerLady

Maria Killam said...

Tara, I love hearing your perspective and how you relate interiors to gardens! Makes so much sense!!

Terry said...

I'm must be at the wrong place at candle sales. When we get candles and gifts, the scented ones always go outside on the porch.

P.S. Tara, would you have any suggestions for my pile of river birch logs? See the bottom pictures.

Cher' Shots said...

I also agree with you, my garden doesn't have to be perfect, but I do perfer that it pleases me.

Unknown said...

I love candles in the garden, and really love your thoughts on them!