Wednesday, January 20, 2010

VELCRO CROTCH

Gardening clothes aren't serious. Please, someone, manufacture garden pants with a VELCRO CROTCH. By the time I run inside finally, finally to the powder room it's a battle to get my sweaty pants off. Seeing, above, I know what to wear pruning my peony patch circa 1798 with staff in attendance.
How I'm feeling, above. Chaos reigns in my home: painters, plumber, carpenter, electrician. Soon, when garden clubs have their meetings in my garden the flow will be so much better.
.
Did you know they existed? Garden club meetings in a garden? With catered box lunches!!!Learned of them thru Penny McHenry. She had them, to perfection. Penny would lead a tour of her garden, about 1 hr, then everyone would gather iced tea/box lunch & settle throughout garden & home. The breaking of bread with one another would perform its magic in Penny's setting. The magic? Grace & spirit.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Top pic Christian Lacroix, bottom pic Galliano.

6 comments:

Lori Buff said...

I believe Penny did everything to perfection. A garden club meeting in a garden sounds like a wonderful way to enjoy an afternoon.

Thanks

Unknown said...

Love the velcro crotch idea!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

It'll all be beautiful. And how I would love to be at a garden club meeting in a garden!

home before dark said...

I now garden in sweat wicking away pants, tshirts and underwear. Wearing cotton sounds like a good idea, but it's too much work carrying all that sweat around!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Now I'd go for that kind of a garden club.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I need that velcro crotch...