Friday, May 21, 2010

Do You Have the Eye?

Lovely rose arbor, below, yes? It came from a dumpster.
.
Susanne Hudson saw a commercial awning tossed into a dumpster. She called the building's owner immediately, asking if she could have the discarded awning.
.
Next, she called a fence company to place 8' fence posts.
.
The awning was placed forming a complete 1/2 round instead of its intended 1/4 round.
.
Voila...rose arbor with hanging lanterns.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pic taken 2 weekends ago. I've been in Monet's garden and know Susanne's rose arbor is little different from his in drama. What could be better? Do you have the eye?

6 comments:

Ewa said...

Recycling is great way to make something for nothing or almost nothing.
beatiful arbor :)

Rob (ourfrenchgarden) said...

Great piece of re-claim.

I know you occasionally feature parts of Susanne Hudson's garden, she definitely has the eye

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

I think I do; but haven't gone dumpster diving lately. Must do so. GREAT arbor...

Carolyn said...

Wow! I love it and to think she found it in a dumpster.
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

Hope you have a great weekend,

Carolyn

The-Countrypolitan said...

Very Clever... and looks fabulous!

Terri

Jess said...

I have a little bit of an eye, but nope... I'm pretty sure a discarded awning wouldn't look like that by my doing ever!