Friday, June 11, 2010

Brown Choices

Brown, below, is a landscape design choice. Is it on your radar?
Leaf Litter Mulch is a choice.


Leaf Litter Mulch? Love it.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Preparing my garden for a tour, 4 years ago, I realized the standard set by local garden designers (Ryan Gainey & etc.), which I was happily copying, wasn't for me, anymore. Instead I went 180 degrees to my Mentors, all women. Each with Leaf Litter Mulch. A choice made in the afternoon. By dark, sooooooooooo tired, still working in my garden, I glanced up to see my garden and began to cry. Why? It was the missing element, Leaf Litter Mulch, I had the garden I had always wanted.
.
Pics from Susanne Hudson's garden last week.

5 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I have so many ancient hardwoods, this is my mulch of choice!

And I absolutely adore those checkerboard floors!!

La Petite Gallery said...

Tara, I used to have two of those concrete flower statues, in fla.
love the color.. yvonne

Anonymous said...

What a cute blog! This is my first visit.

Anonymous said...

Good choice! Leaf litter also enriches the soil.

Karena said...

Lovely Tara and very good advice!

Karena
Art by Karena