Saturday, January 28, 2012

How Tiny Landscape Rooms Live BIG

Paley Park, New York City, NY, below, via.
A tiny landscape living BIG.
.
I've pondered why some little landscapes, including  mine, live HUGE.
.
Yes, seriously, I've pondered & mulled & considered & strained to figure it out.
.
It's the sky.
.
With little space you still have infinite ownership of the sky.
.
Use it.
.
Garden & Be Well,      XO Tara
.
Have seen Paley Park, in pics, several times thru the years.  Takes my heart each time.  Perhaps I'll get there some day!  Thank you Janelle McCulloch Library Of Design for posting this garden haven.

6 comments:

Cher' Shots said...

Great observation! Yes, the sky is endless.
'hugs from afar'

Desert Dweller said...

Taking advantage of the sky (& mountains) doesn't hurt! Borrowed views = "Vanishing Property Line"?

Here, land costs more closer to the mountains. But it is not for them, but the city lights...yep! Very few connect the dots in their spaces, nor want to.

Babs said...

I think that's also true of tiny rooms with high ceilings..at least it seems that way to me. :)

I just cut some Winter Daphne and brought it into the house. The fragrance is won-derful!
Happy weekend.
Babs

Bruce Barone said...

Yes.

And I have been there.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

It's nice that people who live in such a huge city have these tiny little hide-aways to enjoy some free time. Unless I've missed it I'm still waiting for photo's of your own lovely garden Tara ;) I hope your weekend is a good one :)
Maura

Lori Buff said...

The infinite sky blends so well with the intimacy of the pocket garden.