Saturday, March 10, 2012

Historicly Sighting Bulbs

 Planted last month, below, daffodils.  I hope you think they've been there a century.

They arise from Tara Turf, above, more history.
 Landscape Design is not hard, it is a lot of easy layers.  From a side window at the front door, above.
More than historical, I had to site the daffodils to be ENJOYED by a family.  Every member, a wide age range. 
From the music room, above.
.
Garden & Be Well,   Tara
.
Pics taken last Thursday.  Exciting times here, a son is to be married.   Have felt strongly throughout this project there would be babies/children.  First, of course, I will let them get married !  Better than babies they are grandbabies.  Have a strong bias toward grandbabies because of my own incredible grandparents.    It's odd having infertility, I don't miss having my own children but I ache for grandchildren.
.
New note, 3-12-12, about daffodil details, quoted from my client, above, " Those bulbs sat in the garden shed for months waiting to be
planted.  and it's been a mild winter.  never could have fit 2000 bulbs in refrigerator!  and they are Divison II Narcissus which do better in the south than Division I.
Carltons (but I don't want a "run" on Carltons!).  selfish of me, I guess.

it was an amazing work of planting them in groups like this.  and you really don't know how long they've been there.  we sit on front porch more often these days, both days and nights to enjoy them.  yellow blooms show up well in the evening, almost as well as the white blooms of flowers. 

daffodil season is influencing where we sit and talk.  I love it."





4 comments:

KELLY said...

I'm curious about how many were planted. Your 'gobs' are the perfect size. Looks great.

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS!!! You know how I love this. Which variety did you plant?

Desert Dweller said...

What an interesting series of stories and accounts...just like the daffodils weave through the "Tara Turf" area.

I had no idea daffodils needed such a short "chilling period" in the ground before they grew? Unless I missed something and they were chilled in refrigeration for weeks before planting...

Tara Dillard said...

I added to this post, 3-12-12, more details about the types of daffodils, chilling & etc....

XO T