Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer Lunch, Nigella Lawson

Both women work for international corporations, they're neighbors, each have beautiful lake views, and like to cook.  Garden too, they're my clients.  Finally, I had them to lunch in my sweet garden.  What was I thinking?  Me cook?  For them?
 Peach crisp wasn't too much of a stretch, above.  Used agave syrup for the 1st time.  Needed corn starch for a bit more thickening.  Crust was rolled in a box.  Perhaps the puff pastry from a box next time.
Nigella Lawson's, Forever Summer, cookbook beckoned, above.  Salad with chicken, mango, lime, scallions, cilantro, touch of peanut & sesame oil.  She  mentioned serving it on a platter.
.
Too humid & mosquitowy for lunch in the Conservatory we were inside at the harvest table.
.
We 3 were on vacation at this lunch.  At least that's what it felt like to me. 
.
Garden & Be Well,            XO Tara
.
pics taken last week.

6 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

I think every morning coffee, meal, etc should be as nice as those on a vacation. When I sit on the patio looking at this view - before it gets hot - I think, "people pay $125+ a night for such an experience, nice view but terrible garden, all over NM on vacation. I live here, so I may as well, too - plus a nicer garden."

And I get to create something of that caliber for others, too. Your's sounds just right, especially if those were your own peaches!

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

What a joy for ALL of you! Love the peach crisp - looks perfect to me!

cindy hattersley design said...

Tara
I know exactly where you are coming from. I can cook but I cannot bake! I always remind myself it is the company, not what is served! Please post your salad recipe ...it sounds fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was wonderful! And YOU made it!!!
Lovely!
xsxs

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love it!