Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Choose a Theme then Overdose

 Choose a theme, Overdose on your Theme.
.
Orchard House, (aka my starter home in a working class neighborhood of cluster homes ca. 1986, today.)


Feng shui has it right about gardens, better than any garden class, 'you must be able to flow easily around your property.'  Like Mrs. Wilcox I adore walking round my garden.  E. M. Forster knew women.  Coop, below,  is mostly rescued materials.  Why not boxwood, roses, itea, hydrangea, camellia, daphne?  The coop is worthy.


View across the drive, below, with front loading garage.  Some jurisdictions have outlawed my type of home.  Too unfriendly.  Garagecentric.  No worries, it is my starter home, here 5 years & off to something more worthy of my magnificence.


It's obvious I had to do more growing than the garden.


I'm particularly pleased with this bit at the side of my garage, above.  Though the white roses lost their graft and only the root stock is left.  Reminds me of an old vicarage wall .
.
Did you see the neighbor's houses?  Why would you?  You've entered my world.  An old cottage......  and become lost in my theme.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken in my garden last week.

4 comments:

Lori Buff said...

The full lushness makes me feel like I could get happily lost in your garden.

Stacy said...

Tara, I have not yet achieved feng shui in my yard, not even close! I have a bit of a mountain to climb with my yard but eventually, I won't see my neighbor's houses either and I can't wait. It is also amazing what you take for granted because the way our yard was set up, walking around it is a bit of a chore. I miss being able to just walk around my yard.

Nita Stacy said...

I have the same roses!..two bushes of them...growing on the east side of my house. They were originally large pink roses...but they didn't survive but the original roses they were grafted to do! They grow wildly and successfully. I don't mimd them one bit. Sometimes you just have to let things revert back to how they should have been.

I love your house especially because of the trim color...same as the trim on mine.

Barbara Pilcher said...

I like the advice of the day -- "Choose a theme, then overdose." It supports all my neuroses.

Hey, an accidental pun -- new roses.

Yes to feng shui outdoors. It frustrates me to not be able to easily walk a garden or yard. I always create paths of some kind and remove obstacles.