Saturday, May 4, 2013

Nicky Haslam Said "...

Generously stuffed with bons mots.


"Flowers play an essential role, partly to enliven the rooms and partly from the sheer pleasure of thinking up new ways to utilize anything growing in the immediate surroundings.  I love massed, untidy bouquets of things in season, and try to keep the room's color scheme in mind so that the arrangement doesn't shriek, ", Look at me."  "  Nicky Haslam.
.
Great theme for a garden party, Please Come to a Garden Tea & let us be Massed and Untidy on the Tea Olive Terrace.  (Which friend could possibly refuse this invite?)
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
.
Odd week, days beginning in the tub, oodles of epsom salts & hot water.  Why move a huge English urn + plinth?  Whatever.  Have enjoyed the morning soaks with Nicky.

3 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

i have got to get that book!

Things That Inspire said...

Sounds like a heavenly way to start the morning. I need one of those rack things that go across the tub!

I have never had a strong opinion about Gwyneth Paltrow, but felt more positive about her when I read that she had a bath every single day. Very civilized! My British grandparents did not even have a shower in their last house - only a bath. It never seemed out of the ordinary to me, as both my parents were British (my father technically born in the US, but mostly raised in England).

I am enjoying this rainy morning - I love turning the lamps on and reading the paper while looking out over the vibrant green outside. Hope you have a nice day!

- Holly

Divine Theatre said...

Personally, I prefer to be alone when I am untidy. It's just me.

xo


Andie