Saturday, January 11, 2014

Copy from those at the Peak of their Game

You do a thing in the garden with your full IQ, passion, energy, wallet, time.  Influenced by era.

.
At my front door, above, if you know the 80's, you're seeing Horticulture magazine, covers of Smith & Hawken catalog, and articles, pages long, from House & Garden magazine.
.
So, where do you think I'm going with this?
.
History.
.
That trinity of resources, above, was from the best brains at the peak of their game.
  Drenched in the poverty cycle of the Great Depression & rusticities of turn-of-the-century Lutyens/Jekyll with generous splashes remaining of the Belle Epoque.
.
So, when asked what plant should go in a certain spot or what is wrong with their lawn.  I pause, long.
.
Themistocles comes to mind, " "I cannot fiddle, but I can make a great state from a little city."
.
So, when I'm told, "I want a garden but I don't have a lot of money."
.
Winston Churchill comes to mind, "....when he was asked to cut arts funding in favor of the war effort, he simply replied, "Then what are we fighting for?"
.
The best thing I've ever done in my life was to say, Yes, when my soul told me to have a garden. 
.
Garden & Be Well,     XO Tara
.
If you want a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, and causes you to tap the brake pedal, as you look in the rear view mirror heading out, become my client, local or on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me to speak to your group, local or out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Garden books by Tara Dillard, Amazon.

2 comments:

La Contessa said...

Winstons comment is SPOT on!I have never heard that before…………adore it!

Maggie said...

I can't wait for spring! Love the quotes...was poring through seed catalogs this morning :-)

Thanks for the blog visit, your comment had me remembering I saw the original Dr. Zhivago so long ago and I had to revisit it via Google. Chilling icy scenes and so beautiful!