Saturday, April 12, 2014

Alexander von Humboldt: Note to Self ca. 1801

Today, ca. 1940 Atlanta backyard, below.  In the city, you can see a fly-over freeway ramp.


Our lead man Victor, above, and magnolia tree.
.
Too many rabbit holes with my work, note to self, Focus.
.
Hard to focus when Man & Tree become iconic, if for a moment.
.
Alexander von Humboldt, "I was spurred on by an uncertain longing to be transported from a boring daily life to a marvellous world."  
.
Exactly, THAT is Nature, a marvellous world.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Pic today at a jobsite
.
For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning:
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That has to be the most impressive Magnolia I have ever seen! Growing up in Tallahassee, Florida I have seen many, many but that beauty deserves a lot of LOVE!
Thanks for your postings-always enjoy your musings.

Portobello said...

Your words always express what I didn't know I was thinking. I always want to jump up when I read your blog and yell "Yes!" she put the words to my jumbled thoughts! Landscaping is life and art. Thank you!!



JudyMac said...

My daughter has named it the 400 Flyover! Ah yes, a way of life in the city--for some folks who must travel it every day. Fortunately, not me.