Monday, September 22, 2014

Chris Evert + Ralph Lauren: Copy the best in your Landscape

Before & during teen years, I copied everything Chris Evert.  This dress, below, hangs in my guest closet. today.  Amazingly, its metaphor, now, 180 to the winning reasons for saving it.  
.
Copy.
.
It's that simple.
.


 Graduating college with engineering & horticulture I could not design a beautiful landscape to save my soul.  Off to Europe, 2+ decades, studying the best historic beautiful landscapes the world has experienced.  


 # 1 Beautiful Landscape design idea, COPY.  Copy the best landscapes.  You will not recreate the wheel.  Better, it's already created for you.  Trust this concept.
.
Why did I forget copying Chris Evert?  Never a talented tennis player I retired a 2 time district 4-A singles champion amongst other titles won.  Seriously, I was not a gifted tennis player.


Habitually Chic posted Ralph Lauren's new coffee shop recently, and it had me laughing at all he COPIED so well.
.
Fern in a terra cotta pot, above, is the same concept I add to client's homes.  Bring life to a room with something ALIVE.  Look at all the best interior decorators of the past century.  Plants brought inside, as if, just from the conservatory.  COPY.
.
Don't just copy, Copy the Best.
.
Green-Brown-White is the best and most used beautiful landscape design color trinity of the past few centuries.  Which green is for you?  Personally, I'm using Ralph's coffee shop green.

.
Harvest table with a pair of urns?  This pic had me laughing AND dialing Susanne Hudson, the interior decorator on my team.  She taught me this idea decades ago, and have copied the concept since.
.
Huge secret about copying the best ideas and talents.  
.
When you copy the best, for yourself, it will be unique to YOU.
.
Be brave, 'copy', is guaranteed to work for you.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Notice Chris Evert's lace panties & ribbon in her hair?  Totally what I did too.
.
Ralph Lauren's pics by Habitually Chic.

For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.



3 comments:

Ashutosh Kumar said...

Nicely, you will find your blog.your articles are very interesting.Thanks for sharing such an informative article. Vastu Shastra Designers & Consultancy in Lucknow

Thistle Cove Farm said...

nothing new under the sun.
copy the best.
indeed.
and with a twist that makes it yours

Rina Pandit said...

Nice Interior
Greeline