Thursday, October 9, 2014

Permaculture Wall Paper & Guilds at a Barn

No room for a fruit tree?  Espalier them next to a wall, below.  Espalier is a type of pruning.  In ancient times espalier was a necessity.  Seasons were extended and more fruit produced.  Ancients called it survival.
.
Basic.
.
There is more, below, forcing the fruit trees to produce greater amounts.  


.
Perhaps you think the guilds are merely tufts needing the weedeater?
.
Do you know what guilds are?
.
Guilds are under the fruit trees.  Guilds attract pollinators, increasing crop yields by 80%, without any extra human effort.
.
Do the math !
.
With a degree in engineering, and horticulture, I survived most of my adult life without those 2 facts, above.  Instead, thinking, "Rustic charm."
.
Pitiful
.
Leaving USA after the horticulture degree, what- else- was- one- to- do, to truly learn gardening, I fell in love with every le jardin rustique across Europe & Israel.  Created my Landscape Design Formula, Tara Turf, Axis etc...
.
My soul intuitively delighting in experiencing thousands of years, combined, in individual 'le jardin rustiques'.
.
Imagine my surprise when I looked up, permaculture, a term new to me.
.
There I found my dear friend, 'le jardin rustique'.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
.
If you are just now learning these words, and what they mean, I'm sorry.  The joys I've had, for 2 decades across European gardens has been one of my chief delights.
.
Assignment, go to Europe & study  the best historic gardens.  A good source for European garden travel tours, here.
.
Wallpaper?  Allusion to thinking espalier was merely a pretty-thing-to-do.
.

For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.
.
NOTE to my gardening friends... look for changes to come. 
Knew before computers/cell phones, sitting in Atlanta traffic on way to a client, 'I must reach a larger audience with the same amount of effort.'   Soon after that epiphany I signed my CBS-TV, and, books contracts on the same day.
.
Then I read an article in the NYTimes about something called 'blogging'.  Saved the article for a year before reading it.  Studied all the blogs they mentioned, hired a computer expert they quoted, and attended a blogging seminar.
.
Blogging 2.0 has arrived, my knowledge is 1.0.  A believer in copying the best historic gardens across the globe it flows into every arena of life.  Watching Maria Killam grow her career/blog/life over the past 3 years made its impact.  Signed up  for a year's course with her blogging expert, Jon Morrow
.
Changes will be slow, plodding is my adored method.  Pulling triggers here/there is spice in the mix.
.
What do YOU want?
.
Nothing is too small, too big, or too ego crushing to mention.
.
Passion lies in sharing what has filled me to the depths of grace, joy & atonement, the best landscapes created over the last 2,000+ years.

Just so you know... 

 I  welcome your input.

2 comments:

Lori Buff said...

That is really fun to look at too.

Jean Campbell said...

Do you know what guilds are?

I do now. Searching for 'guilds' takes one to a thousand sites about computer gaming.

Google 'grass guilds' or 'plant guilds' to find treasure.