Friday, May 27, 2016

Monty Don: Kent-Brown-Repton TV Show

A great wheelbarrow path, below.  Single wheel of course.  Double wheeled wheelbarrows are easier, less weight to balance, and my preference.

Monty has suffered a stroke in recent years and Nigel severed his spinal cord in 2008

Pic, above, here.

Discovered Monty Don, above, when his, The Prickotty Bush, arrived on my doorstep in the early 90's.  Read many times, loaned, never returned, had to buy again.
.
Of course he's on my google word search list, and of course I will not loan the book again.
.
Yesterday, a Monty feast arrived into my inbox.  Too much not to share.
.
Monty Don has produced a TV show about Kent, Brown, Repton.  Personal takeaways studying across England for decades, all, from that trinity.  Their style changed the course of international gardening.  And me.
.
The TV show is within this article about Monty Don.
.
I watched the show on my phone, will watch it again on laptop, then finally figure out the chrome-stick-thingy and watch it in glorious large screen.  One particular segment is shot from a helicopter over a Brown garden.  Now I want a drone.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara
.
Completing my horticulture degree I could not, to my mind/heart, design a garden to save my soul.  Off to historic European gardens for decades of study.  Ironically, yesterday too, came across an expensive seminar teaching how to draw gardens to scale, and how to design a garden.  Taught by former instructors from my college.  OMG.  All that mow-blow-go, incurves, outcurves, drifts, foundation plantings, design- it- from- the- street- view, still being taught.  With all the giddy-up-&-go verbage of sustainability....
.
Note from the universe, teach-what-YOU-know.

1 comment:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love Monty Don. I found Alan Titchmarsh on you-tube first and watched all that there was of him, loved him too, then came across Monty Don. I also like Carol Klein.

There is so much to learn and be inspired by.

Thank you for this article by Monty. I can hear him talking as I read.

I keep searching gardening shows, for doses of knowledge and inspiration.

Happy Gardening ~ FlowerLady