Friday, August 12, 2016

Table: Square/Rectangle vs. Round

It's rare I design a garden including a round dining table.  Happens, but rarely.
.
Why?  Round tables are selfish in the space they take.  Little flexibility.  Squares & rectangles have significant advantages.
.
Look closely, below.
.
A pair of rectangular tables, below, pushed together.
.
Squares/rectangles can be pushed next to a rail, the house, each other.

.:

Pic, above, here.
.
I still haven't brought my new harvest table home, need a truck, bought months ago.  Will arrange to use Beloved's extended cab, he's finally home from his 4 mos Virginia job.  The harvest table is waiting in Susanne Hudson's garden, of course I will call my local pack of gals, they've never been in her garden, to go with me, tour Susanne's garden, Jeri Farmer's garden around the corner, both have been in several magazines, and then we all do lunch, and the huge Antique barn nearby, too.  Road trip!
.
Leaning against a tree, I need to shoot it, is the door to an old shed Beloved moved/renovated.  The door is over a century old, contemporaneous with our home.  Hopefully, before the end of the year, it is my 2nd harvest table.  Depending on its 'character', once turned into a table, it might be my new desk for the shed.
.
Anticipation.  Pure gold.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XOT

1 comment:

La Contessa said...

I have the rectangle table.............but would LOVE A ROUND!
MORE INTIMATE.
NO ROOM...........drives me nuts have ASKED BELOVED To EXTEND HOUSE.
HE SAYS NO!
WHAT IS WRONG HERE?
WHO is THE BOSS and THE DECORATOR?!!!
XX