Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hidden Layer of Design in Plain View

In plain view all pics, below, the Garden Design affecting each photo.  A layer I've never read about in a Garden Design book nor heard spoken of in a Garden Design lecture, not mentioned in a garden show on TV.  I have written of it in past postings maybe 1-2 times.
.
Designing my previous garden I had no awareness I was creating this 'unknown' layer of Garden Design seen in all of the pics, below.
.
Living in my previous garden 30 years, beginning with bare Earth, this 'unknown' layer had to grow, perhaps 20 years worth.  Once arrived, I knew immediately it had been there much longer than my date of awareness.
.
Do you see this unspoken layer of Garden Design, below?  Do you have it in your home?
.
Enjoy the pics, below.  I'm a firm believer in epiphanies.  If you don't know this layer of Garden Design I'm focusing upon, below, hopefully you will see it with your eyes/heart and be able to give it a name.






























All pics, above, via Cote de Texas.
.
The garden, above pics, paints the light inside the home.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XOT

3 comments:

Summer said...

Beautiful inspiration! Happy Thursday ♥

Penelope Bianchi said...

Brilliant! It is so important!! Thank you for everyone!!!

cotedetexas said...

Tara, you have to understand - the garden room was not that before. It was a room with a glass window on the ceiling. that's it. no brick. it was just a room - no french doors, no tile floors. she changed a gallery into this stunning atrium. it's amazing. just amazing.