Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Interior Art is your Exterior Color Trinity

I adore this painting, below.  Selfishly, love the entire canvas.  Is it good art?  Don't know.  I do know, this painting would be my starting point for choosing exterior colors.  Shutters, trim, front door, patio cushions, furniture, stone, etc.  Color answers are in this painting.  

Collins:
Pic, above, here.
.
Every garden must have a color trinity chosen, green - brown - white is the classic.  Not mandatory, in the least.  Nor is choosing a color trinity limiting or cliche.  Instead, a Garden Design tool that has worked for centuries.  Within a color trinity are limitless selections of shade.  Making your choice of trinity, uniquely you, and more intensely you.
.
Aging is never a bore.  Younger, I could not abide this style of art, above.  Now, love it.
.
Not chosen a color trinity for your exterior?  Look inside your home, at your art.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO T

2 comments:

La Petite Gallery said...

I like it also like the colors.
I have so many plants on this acre, forget
even what I have planted. Had to move a Jap Magnolia,
I just realized it was going to block the view of the cove.
Yvonne

Unknown said...

Love this idea, Tara! I will remember this. xoxo, Brenda