Sunday, November 6, 2016

Small Space or Budget: Best Garden Table Shape

When space or funds are limited there is, indeed, a best table shape for your garden.  Choices.  I believe in creating life choices.  Trickle down theory, you must choose a garden table giving you choices.
.
This seems a small point, it's not.  "Try not to THINK so much!", Doctor Rawlins told Jim in, Empire of the Sun.  Lucky me, all things garden, it's my job to think so much.
.
When funds or space are tight in your garden, choose, below, a square or rectangular table.  Easily pushed next to your house, deck rail, a fence or wall.  Buy 2+ and place them end/end for a harvest table.  Choices.

my castle in spain: A little haven in Andalucia : Cortijo del Pino in Albuñuelas:
Pic, above, here.

  :
Pic, above, here.

Often, a client will have a round table when 2 rectangles will be better.  Most often the 'left over' round table, is used next to a garden bench, adding a couple of chairs and coffee table.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO T
.
Love the round table, above. see lots of CHOICES with it !

2 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

The round table...the chairs are wonderful! I really do not like those little French chairs...they look so spindly and my concern is I'll tip over or the chair will collapse under me. Tara, my chairs are on the porch...not in the yard...the weather here is harsh and I try and keep my porch furniture in good shape for decades.

Gina said...

Dear Tara, You are right about rectangular tables being the most versatile tables especially when, in a pinch, you can push them together. I also love the intimacy of a round table. I am lucky in that I have a very large terrace and pergola so I use all shapes, and several sizes.
My problem is our harsh winters. We don't get to enjoy our outdoor spaces as much.